Calling all PSLE 2021 P6 Students!
Primary 6 Decoding OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS Masterclass:
“Answer Open Ended Questions the PSLE Way”
P6 Decoding Open Ended Questions Masterclass: Answering Open Ended Questions the PSLE Way is a premier Primary 6 Answering Technique Masterclass led by seasoned PSLE Science Specialist and experienced PSLE Marker Jayce Or, to help students decode Open Ended Science questions through a unique P.E.A.K Science Heuristic methodology.
This methodology is proven to unravel the conceptual knots in answering Open Ended Questions
with immediate and effective results.
Hi, my name is Jayce Or, and I am a PSLE Science Specialist. In my 20 years of teaching and coaching P6 students, I have seen more than a fair share of students who feel discouraged in tackling the PSLE Science Paper – especially Paper 2.
They are continuously frustrated with the inability to answer the Science Open-Ended Questions (OEQ) well. They seem to know their content yet are unable to pin down the reason why they keep losing precious marks and cannot seem to give a satisfactory answer.
Here are some core frustrations that I observe from more than a decade of teaching science:
1. Students cannot answer according to what the question demands.
2. They tend to read the question and start writing out their answers immediately.
3. They fail to pick out the correct clues from the question.
4. Students cannot write their answers to satisfy the full awarding of marks.
5. Students fall prey to poor answering techniques, weak representation of concepts and miss out key scientific vocabulary.
Without fully understanding why their answer is wrong, students feel helpless. Parents too, have problems grasping what it takes to get that “few marks more” to see significant improvement in their children’s grades.
Over the years, I have developed the proven PEAK™ Science Heuristics methodology that has helped many students unlock the tools for understanding and processing questions at a glance.
Covering a comprehensive framework of various distinctive question types in the Science exam paper, students are guided with a complete framework of how to process questions intuitively so that answering the questions becomes a breeze.
This methodology aims to help students achieve their PEAK performance in PSLE Science by demystifying OEQ Questions:
P- Processing the Question Intent
E- Evaluating Question Types
A- Applying Answering Techniques
K- Knowing the Keys to Science Mastery
This June, I am conducting another run of this PSLE Science Masterclass “Answering Open Ended Questions the PSLE Way” specifically to help students tackle all their blindspots in answering Open Ended Questions. Through this, hope many students will be able to achieve their personal best this PSLE.
Watch what our students and parents have to say…
WHAT YOUR CHILD STANDS TO BENEFIT FROM THIS MASTERCLASS
- This intensive Science Technique workshop is highly recommended for all P6 students, who hope to go from merely content knowledge to achieving a breakthrough in honing their answering technique for Open Ended Questions the PSLE Way.
- The focus is on mastery of 6 KEY question types that EVERY student will encounter in a typical Science paper. This masterclass helps students recognize immediately the distinctive features of each question type and identify clues and cues that help them craft their answer confidently.
- The masterclass is conducted with a vigorous analysis of decoding questions types and answering strategies, with videos and experiments interwoven into content.
In this 6 hour masterclass, the programme outline is as follows:
Part 1: Decoding Crucial Open-Ended Questions the PSLE Way
1. Understanding Crucial Questions: The 3 Critical Question Types that every student MUST KNOW which covers a major part of the Science Open-Ended Booklet B.
2. Recognize the key features and characteristics of each type and the likely variations.
3. Identify essential clues to break down the question requirements.
4. Uncovering the step-by-step process in building a complete answer by integrating key science concepts the PSLE way.
Part 2: Decoding Complex Open-Ended Questions the PSLE Way
1. Understanding Complex Questions: The 3 Challenging Question Types that every student MUST KNOW to score high marks in Science Open-Ended Booklet B.
2. Gain mastery over the complex features of these questions to move from A to A*.
3. “How-to” template on conquering the higher-order “Graph” & “Experience-based” Questions which require you to apply specific Science concepts with everyday life.
4. Uncover the secret behind “killer” PSLE questions and gain confidence in mastering them.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE CLASS REVIEWS!
“Answer Open Ended Questions the PSLE Way”
3 & 4 Jun (Thur & Fri), Jun Holidays
Time: 1.30 – 4.30pm (3hrs x 2days = Total 6hrs)
Venue: Online via Zoom
Early Bird Price: $258
(U.P. $288) *1st 10 signups only!
Online Masterclass includes
1. Replay access to online class for 2 weeks
2. Primary Science Quick Revision E-Infoguide: Electricity ** Worth $19
Click here for more information on how we conduct our classes online
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Organizer reserves the right to change the venue and timing.
2. Organizer requires a minimum of 6 participants for class to commence.
3. There will be no refund 14 days prior to event.
4. If participant fails to turn up on actual day, there will be no refund or makeup.
5. Payment to be made at the point of booking. Please pay upon registration in this form.
6. Slot can only be confirmed when payment has been made on a first come first served basis.
7. All participants need a confirmation email of payment received from the organizer.
8. In the event that the session is cancelled due to insufficient number of participants, the fees would be refunded.
9. By attending this event, I understand that my child may be photographed during the workshop for marketing purposes. I agree to allow my child’s photo, video or film likeness to be used, without compensation for communication purposes, including, but not limited to the website, social media sites and the press by the event holders.