CALLING ALL p3-P6 PARENTS!
DOES YOUR CHILD FIND TACKLING primary science QUESTIONS CONFUSING?
“I DON’t know how to explain to my child why his answer is wrong.”
“I WONDER IF THERE IS A SYSTEMATIC WAY OF “BREAKING DOWN” or DECODING SCIENCE QUESTIONS.”
“ARE THERE REALLY WAYS TO HELP CHILDREN SEE SCIENCE QUESTIONS DIFFERENTLY & more effectively? “
This is a typical “Explain why…” question that is common in Science Booklet B.
The student’s answer is logical and is not completely wrong.
But what exactly is missing?
“the Workshop that UNLOcKS THE KEYS TO DEMYSTIFYING Primary SCIENCE QUESTIONS”
What if I told you that I have found a powerful way to make PSLE Science easily understandable for your child?
Do you find difficulty in explaining to your child why his answer looks acceptable yet still fails to hit the mark?
Many concerned parents are not aware of what the PSLE Science Paper requires and how to guide their children to nail the right approach to answering open ended questions.
They are clueless on how to help their child craft suitable answers in the examinations.
What exactly are your children missing out in their answers and how do you begin to meaningfully help them to plug that gap?
Why are Students Struggling and Getting It All Wrong?
Hi, my name is Jayce Or, and I am a PSLE Science Specialist. In my 17 years of teaching in MOE schools and in tuition centers, I have seen more than a fair share of students and parents who feel discouraged in tackling the PSLE Science Paper – especially Open Ended Questions, with confidence.
Here are some core frustrations that you may be observing in your child’s papers for some time:
1. Your child cannot seem to answer according to what the question demands.
2. Your child tends to read the question and start writing out the answers immediately.
3. He/She fails to pick out the correct clues in the question.
4. He/She cannot write answers to satisfy the full awarding of marks.
5. He/She falls prey to poor answering techniques, weak representation of concepts and appear to be missing out key scientific vocabulary.
A Systematic Approach to Decoding PSLE Science
Over the years, I have developed the simple and proven PEAK™ Science Heuristics methodology that has helped many students unlock the tools for understanding and process questions at a glance.
This effective and proven heuristic framework equips the child to see clearly what the question demands and how to answer it.
It cuts through hours and hours of ineffective drilling and pounding through assessment books with no good effect.
The heuristic gives each child who learns it THE EDGE to answer science questions strategically and confidently.
Every year, when I teach it to my students at my Premier Answering Technique Masterclasses Decoding P6: Answering Open Ended Questions the PSLE Way , Decoding P5: Gear Up In Smart Answering Strategies & Decoding P4: Build Your Foundation Right, many of them easily improve by 1 or 2 grades!
Bottom line, the method WORKS. EFFECTIVELY.
Parent Workshop: Decoding PSLE Science Questions
I will be conducting a Parent Workshop on Decoding PSLE Science Questions to reach out to parents out there who need the additional support in helping their primary child with science revision and to demystify what is required in the PSLE Exam.
As an experienced and seasoned former PSLE Marker, I know how to dissect this and make this all easily understandable to you.
In this workshop, you will see clearly what questions require and feel less intimidated on what is expected in the PSLE Science Exam.
I will share with you this EFFECTIVE and PROVEN framework for PROCESSING and DECODING SCIENCE QUESTIONS.
Here’s what some parents have said after the workshop:
“I like Jayce’s mastery of science exam. He has seen everything!”
– Mdm Linda Lin
“Yes. Definitely (helpful)… it (this workshop) helps parents understand the components and requirements of the PSLE science exams, breaks down into parts. Where we can understand and to guide our children towards exam preparation. A decoder and “de-mystifier” indeed!”
– Mdm Yip PW
“The session gives me better understanding on the requirements for science paper to help my child. Not only did it help me to identify my child’s area of weakness, it also provided me the critical steps to help my child tackle the questions. The workshop by Teacher Jayce is easy to follow and is insightful. I’d definitely recommend this to all parents.
– Mrs Kerine Au
“Mr Jayce Or gave greater details into what and how the students would be tested in PSLE than the session I attended given by the primary school. It was good experience to attempt the exam questions and learn to understand what the question were asking and how to answer. I believe after this session, I am better equipped to help my children in their science subject.”
-Mrs Tay Wee Nee
“Before attending this workshop, I was clueless on how to help my child. Attending this workshop gives the keys to unlocking the 1/2-1 precious marks for tackling Science questions! I learnt about the C-C-E method and how to use superlatives, which were all very helpful!
– Mrs Lynn Toh
“Teacher Jayce is able to break the concepts down to parts that are easily understood. He takes time to help point us to the essentials of what students need to know and learn for PSLE. Great with kids – patient and believes in them!”
– Mrs Sharon L
Here Is What You Stand to Benefit from this Parent Workshop:
In this parent workshop, I will share exclusively with you…
- An effective Science Heuristic Framework for unpacking and decoding Science Questions.
- How to diagnose the kind of weakness your child has.
- The 5 Top Errors your child may be making in Answering Open Ended Questions.
- An analysis of 3 Critical Question Types that WILL DEFINITELY appear in every Science paper
- A bonus glimpse into 3 more Higher Order Question Types that will be essential to get an A*!
- Typical blindspots students face in MCQ Booklet A.
- What PSLE markers are looking for in students answers for the Open Ended Questions and how my P.E.A.K. Heuristics Methodology can be used to craft answers the PSLE Way.
DATE: 7 Jul 2019, SUNDAY
TIME: 2-4 PM
VENUE: Ang Mo Kio Library, Level 2 meeting room
Do take action fast and sign up for the workshop early to avoid disappointment!
**Kindly read and refer to our Terms and Conditions stated below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
1. This workshop is for parents only.
2. Germinate Training & Consultancy (UEN: 53362105D) is the billing entity for all talks/workshops organised by Science Dad Sg.
3. Science Dad Sg reserves the right to change the venue and timing for the events.
4. Fees paid are STRICTLY NON-REFUNDABLE unless talk/workshop is cancelled by Science Dad Sg. Kindly check to confirm your personal schedule BEFORE signing up for talks/workshops.
5. If the talk/workshop is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances or if the minimum quorum is not reached, all workshop attendees will be informed via email or SMS 3 working days beforehand. Full refund of fees will be made.
6. By attending this event, I understand that I may be photographed during the workshop for marketing purposes. I agree to allow my photo, video or film likeness to be used, without compensation for communication purposes, including, but not limited to the website, social media sites and the press by the event holders.
Jayce Or, PSLE Science Specialist,
M Ed, PGDE (Pri), B Eng
Mr Jayce Or is a seasoned educator and curriculum designer for Science, with at least 17 years of teaching and training experience in MOE schools and in various large tuition centers across the island. A graduate of the prestigious Melbourne Graduate School of Education, ranked the Number 1 Graduate School of Education Worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2014-2015), Jayce is known for his specialist knowledge in Science and Environment Education and is a thought leader in modern pedagogical trends and instruction.
An experienced Science Curriculum Specialist and PSLE Science marker, Jayce is well-versed in coaching students in the challenges of PSLE Science Answering Techniques. He has developed his own P.E.A.K™ method of Science Heuristics in accordance with MOE’s Primary Science syllabus, which has proven to help students decode the strategies to achieve confidence and significant improvement in their grades.
Jayce is also a skillful PSLE coach who has conducted many Science enrichment workshops including whole day P5 and P6 workshops, Science Process Skills workshops for parents and Science exploratory excursions to Singapore Science Centre. In the two primary schools that he was teaching previously, he played a key role in establishing strategic partnerships with external partners such as NEA, Panasonic, South East CDC, Tetrapak Singapore. He has led a team of teachers to win the MOE Outstanding Contribution Award (Team) for Environment Education in 2013 and a student team to win the NEA-Panasonic Eco-Champions Project Competition (ECPC) 2011. Jayce also possesses a robotics training background from the Singapore Science Centre.
His passion is to help every child learn to appreciate and use science concepts in their everyday situations and achieve better results in the process.