A sound grasp of P5 Concepts are critical for PSLE…
Is your child prepared?
Revise for SA2 with the Germinate Advantage!
UPPER BLOCK P5 CONCEPT MASTERY MASTERCLASS
*Is your child one of those who keep losing marks for INCOMPLETE answers in the Science exams?
*Are you ploughing through voluminous guide books, assessments, without knowing how to help your child specifically?
*Is the way to doing well in PSLE Science to mug from thick notes filled with too much information and detail?
Or merely engage in mindless drilling of practice papers?
Hi, my name is Jayce Or, and I am the Principal of Germinate and PSLE Science Specialist. As a former experienced PSLE Science marker, with more than 17 years of helping hundreds of students overcome their challenges in PSLE Science, I know full well the THE PAINS of tackling PSLE Science.
Many “well-meaning” resources and programs in the marketplace focus on providing a surplus of content while churning model templates for students to follow.
Sadly, this has led many parents and students to MISS THE POINT in their approach to mastering PSLE Science.
In PSLE Science, when done the right way…LESS can be MORE.
*Many students overstudy more than what is necessary.
*Rely on the wrong approach to mastering Science with lots of undue stress.
*They cannot filter out what is truly critical in using the scientific knowledge they acquire.
🏹What if I tell you I have found a powerful way to CUT to the CORE of what is CRITICAL for your child’s PSLE success?
To ZOOM in on what is critical, in an effective and focused CONCEPT MASTERY APPROACH.
If your child is in Primary 5, he/she has almost completed the most crucial year in Upper Primary Science.
Many CORE topics for PSLE are being taught and tested in Primary 5, along with difficult topics like Electricity, States of Water & Reproduction in Plants.
It is of crucial importance that your child possesses a good grasp of the Critical Concepts for each topic in Primary 5 in order to be well prepared for SA2….and build a good runway for PSLE.
However, through my years of experience as a former PSLE marker, I notice a few problems…
- Many students do not know how to distinguish the CONCEPTS from the CONTENT. Yet, it is clear time and again, that students must incorporate the SCIENTIFIC CONCEPTS CLEARLY within their answer.
- While content refers to a broad sprectrum of facts on a given topic, CONCEPTS are the crucial scientific characteristics/functions/ processes/ relationships that underpin the deeper understanding of the Science Topic.
- Students must also be aware of what concept they are being tested on. Having a weak understanding of concepts will lead to Misconceptions in their answers.
- Many well-meaning resources and programs in the marketplace focus on providing a surplus of content while churning model templates for students to follow. As a result, many students overstudy more than what is necessary and rely on the wrong approach to mastering Science with lots of undue stress.
As an experienced Upper Primary/ PSLE Science coach, I know that:
- Not all science content is of equal importance
- There is an effective way to revise Science through my proven Concept Mastery Approach
- Knowing Key Concepts is more critical than knowing merely Content
- It is not the ACCUMULATION of content that matters but the APPLICATION of CONCEPTS that does.
- Students who have a weak understanding of CONCEPTS will likely show MISCONCEPTIONS in their answers & WRONG CONCEPT APPLICATION in their MCQ and Open Ended answers.
With my Concept Mastery Approach, I emphasize the importance of…
- Grasping key concepts well and applying them across a wide spectrum of questions, regardless of question difficulty.
- Majoring on the major (topics) that bear greater emphasis in the exams and gain a very clear understanding on heavily-weighted concepts that are always tested.
- In essence, a strong grasp of critical concepts will ensure students are ready to tackle ANY question.
MAXIMISE YOUR REVISION WITH MINIMUM TIME AND EFFORT
IN THE P5 CRITICAL CONCEPT MASTERCLASS, YOU GET MORE MILEAGE IN MAXIMISING THE SUCCESS OF YOUR REVISION, WITH THE CORRECT FOCUS AND STRATEGY BY DEEPENING YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF ESSENTIAL and STRATEGIC SCIENTIFIC CONCEPTS IN THE PRIMARY 5 MOE SYLLABUS.
Part 1: Physical Science Concepts
Part 2: Life Science Concepts
Benefits of attending the 6-hour Masterclass:
- Consolidate your revision of the CRITICAL Must-Know Science Concepts in Primary 5
- Zoom in on CORE CONCEPTS that will be tested in every Science paper
- Reinforce understanding of DIFFICULT & TRICKY science concepts in p5 that most students struggle with
- Correct common conceptual errors that continue to stumble many p5 students
- Targetted practice on “killer” P5 questions that will test student rigor in conceptual understanding and application
Our CLASSES HAVE IMPACTED HUNDREDS OF PARENTS & STUDENTS
“Thanks for the great teaching and patience. Livio really enjoys it a lot. It is a great relief to walk out of the class confident, understood clearly something and being allowed to ask questions. It means so much to him!
Ms Lisa Eu, Parent of Livio, P6
100s OF STUDENTS HAVE gOTTEN THE “gERMINATE aDVANTAGE”
“Update from a satisfied parent: Prior to attending today’s session, my boy had shown a lack of confidence and techniques in answering questions on his Science papers & assessment. He returned from the session with Science Dad SG’s Mr Jayce Or beaming with pride that he had gained some valuable skills to help him identify and differentiate question requirements and hence better his ability to score in the upcoming Prelims and national exams.” – Mr Eric Liau, parent of Randolph, p6
“From class mean score to BEST in cohort for SA2!”
“Your course has taught her how to avoid conceptual error,
bring in relevant concepts to her answers!”
” Her answers in Section B were more concise yet complete,
and she was able to clearly zoom in on the concepts being tested!”
Our student testimonials mean a lot to us!
“I find the Masterclass by Science Dad, Mr Jayce Or, many times more interesting than normal lessons in school. I learnt how to answer and tackle open-ended questions using a good method he created. We also did a TON of fun experiments, more than what I get to do in school. Most importantly, I had LOTS of FUN.” – Isaac Tang, p5
Our student shares how the masterclass gave him a much needed confidence boost,
in knowing which concepts to focus on!
14 & 15 oct 2019 (psle marking days)
Time: 9AM – 12NOON (2 X 3 HRS = TOTAL 6 HRS)
Venue: Chye Sing Building, Bugis
(5 minutes from Bugis MRT)
87 Beach Road
#05-01, Chye Sing Building, 189695
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Organizer reserves the right to change the venue and timing.
2. Organizer requires a minimum of 8 participants for class to commence. Maximum 20 students per class.
3. There will be no refund 14 days prior to event.
4. If participant fails to turn up on actual day, there will be no refund or makeup.
5. Payment to be made at the point of booking. Please pay upon registration in this form.
6. Slot can only be confirmed when payment has been made on a first come first served basis.
7. All participants need a confirmation email of payment received from the organizer.
8. In the event that the session is cancelled due to insufficient number of participants, the fees would be refunded.
9. By attending this event, I understand that my child may be photographed during the workshop for marketing purposes. I agree to allow my child’s photo, video or film likeness to be used, without compensation for communication purposes, including, but not limited to the website, social media sites and the press by the event holders.
What Our Students Are Saying: