Now Open for Registration!
Get a Headstart to PSLE 2020
“The ULTIMATE PSLE Revision Class:
CRITICAL CONCEPTS, MUST-KNOW “HOT” TOPICs & MORE!”
*With CLT removed this year, what TOPICS will now be more significant and heavily-weighted?
*How can my child minimize losing marks for INCOMPLETE answers in their Science exams/ Prelims?
*Are you ploughing through voluminous guide books, assessments, without having a STRATEGIC plan to help your child?
*Is the only way to doing well in PSLE Science to mug from thick notes and engage in mindless drilling of practice papers?
Many “well-meaning” resources and programs in the marketplace focus on providing a surplus of content while churning model templates for students to follow.
Sadly, this has led many parents and students to MISS THE POINT in their approach to mastering PSLE Science.
As a result…
*Many students overstudy, more than what is necessary.
*Rely on the wrong approach to mastering Science with lots of undue stress.
*They cannot APPLY the scientific knowledge they acquire, especially when questions are tweaked slightly differently.
Through my years of experience as a former experienced PSLE Science marker, I can pin this down to a few common problems faced by many students…
- They have trouble differentiating between the CONCEPTS and the CONTENT. While content refers to a broad spectrum of facts on a given topic, CONCEPTS are the crucial scientific characteristics/functions/ processes/ relationships that underpin the deeper understanding of the Science Topic.
- They don’t know the scientific vocabulary and terms to use and are not sure HOW to incorporate the SCIENTIFIC CONCEPTS CLEARLY within their answer.
- They are not sure what what concept they are being tested on. Having a weak understanding of concepts will lead to Misconceptions in their answers.
Hi, my name is Jayce Or, and I am the Principal of Germinate, PSLE Science Specialist, former experienced PSLE Science marker and author “My Pals are Here; Science Tests XTra”, Marshall Cavendish.
With close to 20 years of helping hundreds of students overcome their challenges in PSLE Science, I know full well the THE PAINS of tackling PSLE Science.
The clock is ticking and there is little time left towards PSLE. BUT, I can teach your the strategies to CUT to the CORE of what is CRITICAL for your child’s PSLE success.
It is of crucial importance that your child possesses a good grasp of the Critical Concepts and Hot Topics from Lower to Upper Block ….to build a good runway for PSLE.
As an experienced Upper Primary/ PSLE Science coach, I know that:
- NOT ALL science facts/content are of equal importance.
- There are EFFECTIVE tools to revise through my proven Concept Mastery Approach.
- It is not the ACCUMULATION of content that matters but the APPLICATION of CONCEPTS that does.
- MISCONCEPTIONS in their answers & WRONG CONCEPT APPLICATION in their MCQ and Open Ended answers can definitely be avoided.
MAXIMISE YOUR REVISION WITH MINIMUM TIME AND EFFORT!
IN THE PSLE “Hot topics” ultimate revision MASTERCLASS, YOU GET MORE MILEAGE IN MAXIMISING THE SUCCESS OF YOUR REVISION, WITH THE CORRECT FOCUS, TOOLS AND STRATEGY!
DEEPEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF ESSENTIAL and STRATEGIC SCIENTIFIC CONCEPTS IN both lower and upper block MOE SYLLABUS.
Benefits of attending our 8-hour Masterclass:
1. Strategize and zoom in on PSLE Hot Topics by reinforcing heavily-weighted concepts from Upper to Lower Block that will be tested in every PSLE Exam
2. Focused revision based on our acute analysis of trending PSLE questions.
3. Eliminate misconceptions that commonly confuse 90% of PSLE students
4. Reinforce conceptual accuracy over DIFFICULT & TRICKY PSLE type questions that most students struggle.
5. Exposure to Higher-order Science Questions: Targeted practice on “killer” questions that will test student rigor in conceptual understanding and application
Our CLASSES HAVE IMPACTED HUNDREDS OF PARENTS & STUDENTS
“Teacher Jayce is a nice and patient teacher who is very dedicated to his students.”
PSLE “HOT TOPICS” ULTIMATE REVISION MASTERCLASS
In view of the current Covid-19 situation and to minimise risks to our students, our Masterclasses will be held online for this season via Live Teaching.
Click here for more information on how we conduct our classes online
*BENEFITS OF OUR ONLINE MASTERCLASS*
2 sessions x 4 hours of live online learning with Teacher Jayce (Worth $395)
– Real time feedback with “live” classroom interaction and on-spot review of answers
– Replay access to online class for 2 weeks
– Additional support of queries via email for 2 weeks
*BONUS ADD ON*
Online Webinar of 2014-2016 PSLE Insights Analysis by Teacher Jayce (Worth $125)
4 Sep 2020 (Fri) Teachers’ Day School Holiday, 9am-11am
– 2 hour Webinar: Insights and Analysis on Selected Questions in 2014-2016 PSLE Papers
– Common mistakes, pitfalls to avoid for those PSLE years.
– Selected tricky/ higher order questions revealed and analysed by Teacher Jayce
RUN 1: 9 & 10 August (Sun & Mon) *FULL!*
RUN 2: 6 & 13 Sep (Sun) *FULL!*
[2 x 4 hrs= 8 hrs, with 15 mins break for each day]
Total Value: $520
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Organizer reserves the right to change the venue and timing.
2. Organizer requires a minimum of 8 participants for class to commence.
3. There will be no refund 14 days prior to event.
4. If participant is unable to attend on actual day or for the bonus online webinar, there will be no refund or makeup. Replay access to recorded video will be provided.
5. Payment to be made at the point of booking. Please pay upon registration in this form.
6. Slot can only be confirmed when payment has been made on a first come first served basis.
7. All participants need a confirmation email of payment received from the organizer.
8. In the event that the session is cancelled due to insufficient number of participants, the fees would be refunded.
9. By attending this event, I understand that my child may be photographed during the workshop for marketing purposes. I agree to allow my child’s photo, video or film likeness to be used, without compensation for communication purposes, including, but not limited to the website, social media sites and the press by the event holders.
Read more parent and student testimonials below…
“Thanks for the great teaching and patience. Livio really enjoys it a lot. It is a great relief to walk out of the class confident, understood clearly something and being allowed to ask questions. It means so much to him!
Ms Lisa Eu, Parent of Livio, P6