Now Open for Registration!
“The ULTIMATE PSLE Revision Class:
major CONCEPTS, MUST-KNOW “HOT” TOPICs & MORE!”
*With CLT removed this year, what TOPICS will now be more significant and heavily-weighted?
*Is your child one of those who keep losing marks for INCOMPLETE answers in their Science exams/ Prelims?
*Are you ploughing through voluminous guide books, assessments, without having a STRATEGIC plan to help your child?
*Is the only way to doing well in PSLE Science to mug from thick notes and engage in mindless drilling of practice papers?
Many “well-meaning” resources and programs in the marketplace focus on providing a surplus of content while churning model templates for students to follow.
Sadly, this has led many parents and students to MISS THE POINT in their approach to mastering PSLE Science.
Hi, my name is Jayce Or, and I am the Principal of Germinate and PSLE Science Specialist. With more than 17 years of helping hundreds of students overcome their challenges in PSLE Science, I know full well the THE PAINS of tackling PSLE Science.
In PSLE Science, when done the right way…LESS can be MORE.
*Many students overstudy more than what is necessary.
*Rely on the wrong approach to mastering Science with lots of undue stress.
*They cannot filter out what is truly important in using the scientific knowledge they acquire.
There is little time left towards PSLE. BUT, I can teach your the strategies to CUT to the CORE of what is CRITICAL for your child’s PSLE success.
It is of crucial importance that your child possesses a good grasp of the Critical Concepts and Hot Topics from Lower to Upper Block ….to build a good runway for PSLE.
However, through my years of experience as a former PSLE marker, I notice a few problems…
- Many students do not know how to distinguish the CONCEPTS from the CONTENT. Yet, it is clear time and again, that students must incorporate the SCIENTIFIC CONCEPTS CLEARLY within their answer.
- While content refers to a broad spectrum of facts on a given topic, CONCEPTS are the crucial scientific characteristics/functions/ processes/ relationships that underpin the deeper understanding of the Science Topic.
- Students must also be aware of what concept they are being tested on. Having a weak understanding of concepts will lead to Misconceptions in their answers.
As an experienced Upper Primary/ PSLE Science coach, I know that:
- NOT ALL science content is of equal importance.
- There is an EFFECTIVE WAY to revise through my proven Concept Mastery Approach.
- It is not the ACCUMULATION of content that matters but the APPLICATION of CONCEPTS that does.
- Students who have a weak understanding of CONCEPTS will likely show MISCONCEPTIONS in their answers & WRONG CONCEPT APPLICATION in their MCQ and Open Ended answers.
With my Concept Mastery Approach, I emphasize the importance of…
- Grasping key concepts well and applying them across a wide spectrum of questions, regardless of question difficulty.
- Majoring on the major (topics) that bear greater emphasis in the exams and gain a very clear understanding on heavily-weighted concepts that are always tested.
- In essence, a strong grasp of critical concepts will ensure students are ready to tackle ANY question.
MAXIMISE YOUR REVISION WITH MINIMUM TIME AND EFFORT!
IN THE PSLE “Hot topics” ultimate revision MASTERCLASS, YOU GET MORE MILEAGE IN MAXIMISING THE SUCCESS OF YOUR REVISION, WITH THE CORRECT FOCUS AND STRATEGY!
DEEPEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF ESSENTIAL and STRATEGIC SCIENTIFIC CONCEPTS IN both lower and upper block MOE SYLLABUS.
Benefits of attending our 8-hour Masterclass:
1. Strategize and zoom in on PSLE Hot Topics by reinforcing heavily-weighted concepts from Upper to Lower Block that will be tested in every PSLE Exam
2. Focused revision based on our acute analysis of trending PSLE questions.
3. Eliminate misconceptions that commonly confuse 90% of PSLE students
4. Reinforce conceptual accuracy over DIFFICULT & TRICKY PSLE type questions that most students struggle.
5. Exposure to Higher-order Science Questions: Targeted practice on “killer” questions that will test student rigor in conceptual understanding and application
Our CLASSES HAVE IMPACTED HUNDREDS OF PARENTS & STUDENTS
“Teacher Jayce is a nice and patient teacher who is very dedicated to his students.”
Read more parent and student testimonials below…
“Thanks for the great teaching and patience. Livio really enjoys it a lot. It is a great relief to walk out of the class confident, understood clearly something and being allowed to ask questions. It means so much to him!
Ms Lisa Eu, Parent of Livio, P6
Our student testimonials mean a lot to us!
“I find the Masterclass by Science Dad, Mr Jayce Or, many times more interesting than normal lessons in school. I learnt how to answer and tackle open-ended questions using a good method he created. We also did a TON of fun experiments, more than what I get to do in school. Most importantly, I had LOTS of FUN.” – Isaac Tang, p5
We are very happy that they come out of class feeling equipped and empowered!
Register early to avoid disappointment!
Date: 8 SEPTEMBER (sunday) @ The yards (FULL!)
Time: 9am to 5.30pm
Duration: 8 hours + 30 mins Lunch break
Venue: The Yards, Room 7
406 Joo Chiat Place Level 1, The Yards
(Fees inclusive of registration, materials and lunch)
Date: 9 & 10 SEPTEMBER (sep holidays) @ bugis (FULL!)
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Duration: 8 hours (4 hours x 2 days)
Venue: 87 BEACH ROAD,
#05-01 CHYE SING BUILDING, SINGAPORE 189695
(5 MINUTES WALK FROM BUGIS MRT)
(Fees inclusive of registration, materials and tea break)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Organizer reserves the right to change the venue and timing.
2. Organizer requires a minimum of 8 participants for class to commence.
3. There will be no refund 14 days prior to event.
4. If participant fails to turn up on actual day, there will be no refund or makeup.
5. Payment to be made at the point of booking. Please pay upon registration in this form.
6. Slot can only be confirmed when payment has been made on a first come first served basis.
7. All participants need a confirmation email of payment received from the organizer.
8. In the event that the session is cancelled due to insufficient number of participants, the fees would be refunded.
9. By attending this event, I understand that my child may be photographed during the workshop for marketing purposes. I agree to allow my child’s photo, video or film likeness to be used, without compensation for communication purposes, including, but not limited to the website, social media sites and the press by the event holders.
What Our Students Are Saying: